The FAT32 was developed from a table to store the file (File Allocation Table) is used since the system perform a DOS-based format for storing files, NTFS (New Technology File System) is a system for storing files. the use of new technology Which was developed for use with Windows NT, Microsoft recommends that users choose to use NTFS for that reason. It is more reliable and secure than FAT32.
FAT32 (File Allocation Table 32 bit version).
– Development of the first developed by Microsoft in Windows 95 OSR2 in 1996.
– Structure Data Structure as Linked List.
– Partition the capacity to accommodate up to 2TB (2,048GB).
– Available in capacities up to 4 GB per file, the first file.
– The number of files can contain a maximum of 268 435 437 file.
– Set up the file name length of 8 characters for the name and three characters for the extension and / or 255 characters when using LFNs.
– The duration of the file to indicate the time and date are valid January 1, 1980 – December 31, 2107.
NTFS to FAT 32 select what is good.
FAT32 and NTFS The truth is that the model that describes how to store data on a hard drive in FAT32 was developed from a table to store the file (File Allocation Table), used since the system operates DOS, then before. we know that with the Windows-based file storage format NTFS (New Technology file System) if it is a direct translation. A file system that uses new technology. Which was developed for use with Windows NT, Microsoft recommends that users choose to use NTFS for that reason. It is more reliable and secure than FAT32 hard disk can be converted to NTFS, the first topic. This file system on your hard drive is converted to NTFS, but it may have little long. And should be backed up with you.